Hello guys and gals!
This blog post is going to be in two sections and is going to be a bit long because I thought it was just easier to put them both in one blog and nominate everyone for both of the awards.
Sunshine Blogger Award
The lovely Hannah nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award 💕 Please make sure you go check her blog here.
This award is similar to the award that I was nominated for last month where I answer questions given by Hannah, then nominate bloggers and ask them my own questions.
So lets start!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I decided to start blogging while I was finishing my study aboard in Spain. I’m quite a creative person and my degree doesn’t allow me to express myself creatively so I thought why not. I saw lots of people doing it and thought if they can do it why couldn’t I?!
2. What’s your all time favourite season and why?
My favourite season is Winter ❄️ As quite a few of you can tell by my Twitter I’m ready for summer to be over. I’m so excited for Christmas, wearing coats, scarfs, hats and everything that winter has to offer!
3. Name three of your favourite features about yourself (don’t be modest).
Three things I like most about myself is my eyes, my eye lashes and my butt.
4. Name a time when you felt proud of your own achievement.
Me getting into uni was one of my most proudest achievements of my life so far. Especially considering my reception teacher told my mum when I was 5 “Darcy will be a good house wife one day”.. I’m studying at university, I’ve study abroad for a year and now looking at masters degrees. So she can suck it!
5. If you knew you would be succeed, what would you attempt?
Mmm.. this is a very good question.. It would probably be to learn as many languages as I can, as since learning Spanish I’ve realised how important languages are.
6. What’s your favourite comfort food?
Is an English breakfast a comfort food? If not Jacket Potatoes with beans and cheese!
7. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Finland seems like a good country thats not messing itself up.. Or Canada.
8. Who/what has been the biggest influence on your life?
I’d say myself. As I know that I want to be successful in my life and achieve a lot. So If I don’t then I’m disappointing myself. Also my mum, because she’s worked hard and I like to make her proud.
9. In your eyes what is the perfect day?
See I think this question depends on the season. For example; Summer would be having a BBQ somewhere with friends and family having a laugh and enjoying each others company. Where as during Winter, it would be a cosy day drinking hot chocolate ordering a take away with the people I love most.
10. What is your favourite ever film and why?
Finding Nemo or Little Mermaid.
11. Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it?
My dad always says “Be good and if you can’t be good don’t get caught” and I’ve lived by that rule my whole life.
- What made you want to start blogging?
- Are you one of those who are excited for Halloween and Christmas already?
- What is the one thing you love most about the blogging community?
- What’s your favourite Disney film?
- Iphone or Android?
- What is your go to drink?
- Do you have any blogging goals? (Share a couple)
- What is your go to costume for Halloween?
- What are you listening to at the moment?
- What is your favourite chocolate bar?
Blogger Recognition Award
I’ve never been nominated for two awards in one day so I am very thankful and grateful that the blogging community is very supportive!
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show you were nominated and share your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give 2 pieces of advise to new bloggers.
Thank you so much to Meg for nominating me for this award! If you would like to go check out her blog you can do by clicking here.
About My Blog
As I mentioned before I first wanted to start my blog so that I could have a creative outlet. When I was in Spain my lovely friend Amy and I were chatting about bloggers and how easy it was to start a blog. I wasn’t sure whether or not to start one but Amy convinced me and encouraged me to just get on and do it! -Thanks girl-
I know I’ve only had my blog since the end of June however, everyone has been so lovely, I’ve made so many friends within this community and I’m just loving it!
My Two Top Tips
- You don’t need fancy equipment to start your blog. I just have my laptop, my phone and a few trusty apps. Spend time on WordPress (or Whatever you use) and play around with your blog for a day to make it perfect and how you want it.
- MAKE BLOGGER FRIENDS! I would not be anything without my blogger friends helping me out and giving me advice. Also my non blogger friends. If they are truly your friends they’ll support you no matter what you’re doing. Mine proof read my blog, like all my Instagram posts and like Facebook page! These people are also good to lean on if you get a bit overwhelmed.
I hope you enjoyed this post sorry if it’s a bit long. Again thank you to What Hannah Wrote and Forever Book Blog for the nomination and please go show them and the other bloggers I nominated some love!
Don’t forget if you’re living in the West Midlands area we’re doing a Blogger Meet up on the 7th of October. You can find out some more information here.
Speak Soon, DarcyFern x